Members specializing in Breath:
Bibliography for BreathPrint Sources
- Ellis, George. The Breath of Life: Mastering the Techniques of Pranayama and Qi Gong. CA: Newcastle Publishing, 1993. ISBN 0-87877-183-2 Photos, use of Hatha Yoga postures to increase breath.
- Hendricks, Gay. Conscious Breathing: Breathwork for Health, Stress Release, and Personal Mastery. Bantam Books, 1995. ISBN 0553374435 Traces the physiological journey of a breath, the benefits of conscious breathing including mental and physical healing, managing pain, enhancing mental focus and physical performance. Illustrated, basic and advanced breath-work lessons and a 10-minute daily breathing program.
- Lewis, Dennis and Juan Li. The Tao of Natural Breathing: For Health, Well-Being and Inner Growth. Mountain Wind Pub., 1996. ISBN 0965161102 Explores the physiology, psychology, and spirituality of natural breathing based on Gurdjieff work, Advaita Vedanta, and the Healing Tao. A step-by-step approach to experiencing the power of natural breathing.
- Loehr Ed.D, James E. and Jeffrey A. Migdow, MD. Breathe In and Breathe Out: Inhale Energy and Exhale Stress by Guiding and Controlling Your Breathing. Time Life Books, 1999. ISBN 0-7370-1611-6 Step-by-step techniques.
- Middendorf, Ilse. The Perceptible Breath: A Breathing Science. West Germany: Junfermann-Verlag, 1990. Ways of breathing, use of vowels to trigger muscle freedom.
- Saraswati, Swami Ambikananda. Thorsons Principles of Breathwork. London: Thorsons, 1999. ISBN 0-7225-3830-8 Covers the anatomy of breathing, how breathing is linked to emotional and physical states, how breath acts as a bridge to the unconscious, and its power to access pain and heal disease. Simple breathing exercises for renewal and vitality.
- Sky, Michael. Breathing: Expanding your Power and Energy. Bear & Co., 1990. ISBN 0939680823
- Speads, Carola. Ways to Better Breathing. Inner Traditions Intl. Ltd., 1992. ISBN 0892813970 A number of breathing “experiments” to gain skill and confidence in better breathing.
- Weller, Stella. The Breath Book: 20 Ways to Breathe Away Stress, Anxiety and Fatigue. London: Thorsons, 1999. ISBN 0-7225-3691-7 Simple exercises and diagrams.
- Hendricks, Gay. The Art of Breathing and Centering. 1989. ISBN 0940687895 Audio cassette. Covers managing stress and pain, boosting energy, improving concentration and overall well-being. Includes a 32-page Breathing and Centering Workbook.
- Zi, Nancy. The Art of Breathing: Six Simple Lessons to Improve Performance, Health and Well-Being. Vlvi Co., 1997. ISBN 1884872743 Book and video. Based on ancient Chinese discipline of Chi Kung; a program called Chi Yi aimed to improve and strengthen the voice and increase overall energy, health and well-being.