Creativity and Focus
Members specializing in Creativity and Focus:
Bibliography for Creativity and FocusPrint Sources
- Bayles, David and Ted Orland. Art & Fear: Observations On the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking. Santa Barbara, CA: Capra Press, 1993. ISBN 0-88496-379-9 A general meditation on the path of an artist in our world and how fear affects that journey. Focuses on the visual arts, but applicable to theatre arts. Sections on talent, vision, approval, faculty issues, art & science, and craft.
- Gendlin, Eugene T. Focusing. NY: Bantam Books, 1978. ISBN 0-553-27833-9 Explains a six step process of focusing and body awareness. Covers clearing a space, felt sense of the problem, finding a handle, resonating the handle and felt sense, asking, receiving.
- Mulry, Ray. In the Zone: Making Winning Moments Your Way of Life. Arlington, VA: Great Ocean Publishers, 1995. ISBN 0-915556-28-6 Using relaxation, balance, flexibility, and focus to operate at your peak.
- Richards, Mary Caroline. Centering in Pottery, Poetry, and the Person. Middletown, CT: Wesleyan University Press, 1989. ISBN 0-8195-6200-9 Focus on the attentive stillness of soul, self-acceptance, and a delight in creative accidents.
- Strasberg, John. Accidentally on Purpose: Reflections on Life, Acting, & the Nine Natural Laws of Creativity. NY: Applause, 1996. ISBN 1557831963 Dreaming, creativity, and sense memory.