Members specializing in Other:
Bibliography for OtherPrint Sources
- Barba, Eugenio and Nicola Savarese. A Dictionary of Theatre Anthropology: The Secret Art of the Performer. New York: Routledge, 1991. 0-415-05308-0 Sections on balance, opposition, energy, pre-expressivity among others. Many photographs and drawings.
- Barba, Eugenio. The Paper Canoe: Guide to Theatre Anthropology. New York: Routledge, 1995. 0-415-11674-0 Explores the pre-expressive basis of “presence” effective on stage.
- Black, Lindly. Michael Chekhov as Actor, Director, and Teacher. Ann Arbor, MI: UMI Research Press, 1987. Discussion of the psychological gesture.
- Craig, Gordon. On the Art of the Theatre. Chicago: Browne’s Bookstore, 1911. Actors’ gesture, voice at the mercy of emotions.
- Dixon, Michael Bigelow and Joel A. Smith, ed. Anne Bogart: Viewpoints. n. c.: Smith and Kraus, Inc., 1995. Viewpoints include elements of spatial relationship, gesture, shape, tempo, duration, and other primary components of movement-based theatrical practices.
- George, Kathleen. Rhythm in Drama. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press, 1980.
- Gordon, Mel. “Meyerhold’s Biomechanics,” The Drama Review, Vol. 18, no. 3, 1974.
- Grotowski, Jerzy. Towards a Poor Theatre. New York: Simon & Schuster, 1970.
- Jenkins, Ron. Acrobats of the Soul: Comedy and Virtuosity in Contemporary American Theatre. New York: Theatre Communications Group, 1988.
- Klein, Maxine. Time, Space, and Designs for the Actor. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1975. Discusses body centers.
- Lankton, Steven. Practical Magic. Copertino, CA: Meta Publications, 1980. Neurolinguistic programming.
- Le Mee, Katharine. “Francois Delsarte, 19th Century Teacher of Vocal and Body Behavior,” Northeastern Modern Language Association, 1973.
- Meyerhold, V. E. Meyerhold on Theatre. New York: Hill and Wang, 1969.
- Murphy, Michael. The Future of the Body. Los Angeles: Jeremy P. Tarcher, Inc., 1992.
- Poggi, Jack. “Second Thoughts on the Theory of Action,” in Actor Training II, Richard P. Brown, ed. New York: Drama Books, 1976.
- Pronko, Leonard. “Learning Kabuki: The Training Program of the National Theatre of Japan,” Educational Theatre Journal, 23(December 1971).
- Rizzo, Raymond. The Total Actor. Indianapolis, IN: Bobbs-Merrill, 1975.
- Saint-Denis, Michel. The Rediscovery of Style. New York: Theatre Arts Books, 1960. Style in the theatre.
- Stanislavski, Constantine. “Physical Action as a Means to an End,” in Stanilavski’s Legacy. New York: Theatre Arts Books, 1968.
- Suzuki, Tadashi. The Way of Acting. New York: Theatre Communications Group, 1986.